Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Automatic Dimensioning

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Automatic dimensioning of separate selected 3D & 2D elements (Walls, Slabs, Beams, Roofs, Columns, Openings, Polylines, Fills).
2. Same as preview in Element Info Dialog (with zoom in/out option) & Schedule lists.
3 REPLIES 3
TomWaltz
Participant
Z.Bauer wrote:
1. Automatic dimensioning of separate selected 3D & 2D elements (Walls, Slabs, Beams, Roofs, Columns, Openings, Polylines, Fills).
2. Same as preview in Element Info Dialog (with zoom in/out option) & Schedule lists.
I love the idea, but like the current Automated Dimensioning tool, it would need a lot of control options.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
I love the idea, but like the current Automated Dimensioning tool, it would need a lot of control options.

It would need to be a somewhat separate tool, possibly another option to the "exterior, interior" choices. Maybe "perimeter"?

Though, I'm thinking that this "tool" should take another direction altogether - I don't see myself using this but for probably 1% of my work, and even then I'd need to customize it way too much... Why not have an interactive way of accomplishing it. Possibly select an edge of a slab and have a "pop-up" type window give you the length interactively? Or a "measuring" tool which would give you dimensions of "edges" as you pass over them with the tool. Or have the dimension tool automatically pull an interactive dimension for the EDGE that you click (not forcing you to click the end nodes).

But maybe you had a different reason for this, and my thoughts are going in another direction, and I'm just rambling.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hallo Sergio,
interactive infos "on mouse over" is nice technique that some other application use. I would like to have something near that in AC. But that's all about one part of any element (as you called it edge). My wish is to see/set dimensions for all edges at once full automatic (with highly customizable parameters).
Yes, it's not architect's every day tool, but when you need it you always think: "why I must work on this simple operations some hours?".
This tool will reduce time when some architect works on simple reinforcements drawing or, for example, legend with hundred shapes that you want to show with dimensions, etc.