BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Automatic architecture

eldhead
Newcomer
I wish the Zone tool could be like:

I draw a space within walls (inner, outer), name it (recidense, office bedroom etc), give a orientation (nort, south), populate with people....
The Zone tool start working...place windows regarding daylight and solarheat, door at the right place, reflected ceiling, furnitures with functional dimensions. Optimizing that space automatically.
Differens between Solibris analysis is that the Zone tool already knows all the data and suggest a layout before I send it to Solibri.
Archicad 7 - 24, HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation, Win 10
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should delve deep into Rhino/Grasshopper and the Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Connection.
With the latest update of the GH-AC Connection, which was released not long ago, you can get a geometry from ARCHICAD as a base, get it into Grasshopper through the live bi-directional connection between the two applications, and do all sorts of stuff in Grasshopper, based on that geometry, then based on those, create elements in ARCHICAD.
I dare to say what many of the things you are writing in your post can be achieved this way.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
eldhead wrote:
I wish the Zone tool could be like:

I draw a space within walls (inner, outer), name it (recidense, office bedroom etc), give a orientation (nort, south), populate with people....
The Zone tool start working...place windows regarding daylight and solarheat, door at the right place, reflected ceiling, furnitures with functional dimensions. Optimizing that space automatically.
Differens between Solibris analysis is that the Zone tool already knows all the data and suggest a layout before I send it to Solibri.
Generative Design and AI are already doing that - and then some. Computer Technology will eventually ruin everything.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

eldhead
Newcomer
If the machine fix the rules within the space given by the architect it´s totally ok I think. There is a facade to be taken care of and of course the interior.
Archicad 7 - 24, HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation, Win 10
Learn and get certified!