BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Autoscroll during wall (etc.) creation

Anonymous
Not applicable
In cheap little 2D programs like PowerCadd I could start a wall and drag the cursor to the edge of the screen and the screen would autoscroll in that direction.

Why can't my big 3D zillion dollar program do that? It would be quick because you don't have to swipe around with the mouse to scroll over to where you want to click the other end of wall, line, etc.

Thoughts?
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
andyro wrote:
Doug, I believe if (in the USB OD interface) you set your wheel to 'autoscroll' or let 'OSX handle it' - whatever the options are there, you will get pan by pressing the wheel, and zoom-in/out by turning the wheel...

That's how it oughtta be.

I guess I wasn't clear. I have all that working now that I have USB Overdrive. (I meant that I could not get it to work with the Contour Mouse's driver.)

laszlonagy,
Yes, I knew the arrow keys scroll each way in increments... but they are another example of a missed opportunity. They should keep scrolling if you hold them down. They do not. Dumb.

klitment,
How do you get "Fit to Page" by double clicking the middle (wheel) button?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Doug wrote:

kli( )ment,
How do you get "Fit to Page" by double clicking the middle (wheel) button?
Exactly as it sounds. Double click (pressing down on) scroll wheel. Might depend on you mouse and setup. I had forgotten it does this, thanks for pointing it out, Kliment.

For what its worth, I hate it when dragging a view in view map list (for example) to re-order my views, when it automatically scrolls when I get to the bottom of the visible list AT A MILLION MILES AN HOUR and you go right past where you want to go. I would also not like it if my plan did the same when scrolling, and therefore voted "not important".
Anonymous
Not applicable
SoftEngine was a great advance in navigation. Pan and different kinds of Zoom could be achieved by pressing certain keys on the keyboard (usually Ctrl, Shift and Alt) and a mouse button. For example mine keys were:
Zoom Window - Ctrl+Left Mouse button;
Zoom Previous - Alt+Left Mouse button;
Zoom Extents / Fit in Window - Ctrl+Right Mouse button; etc.
Command were transparent - you could start drawing a line, then Ctrl+Left click, draw the zoom-window and continue drawing.

Currently I am using a "Logitech Click!" Optical Cordless mouse with 6 buttons and side-tilt scroll. For programmable buttons I use Logitech SetPoint Control Center version 2.00.171. Back then it was Logitech three button mouse I still keep hanging on the wall to scare the colleagues.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with most everyone here. I don't like autoscroll too much and there are already so many ways to pan beyond the screens edge.
Learn and get certified!