Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Availability of properties in Archicad

Abraham Smith
Booster

Walls:

I have come across that when looking for the 3D length of a wall to be able to do a graphic override I have not found it, since it is non-existent from the override (the height is available) but it is from the properties.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-15 a la(s) 19.35.13.pngCaptura de Pantalla 2022-08-15 a la(s) 19.35.33.png

You can see the available property group with the added properties.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-15 a la(s) 19.37.19.png

But then again since the overrides, it is not possible to see both.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-15 a la(s) 19.36.54.png

Stairs:

Another necessary property would be the surfaces of the stair finishes, since they are generally the same as the floor finishes of the slabs. It is a double job to assign a construction material, then a surface and that an expression cannot be made with that information, since an extra (finishing) property must be added if it is not, and not all the attributes of this parametric tool.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-15 a la(s) 19.50.22.png

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-15 a la(s) 19.58.04.png

Top surface from general parameters is not added either.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-15 a la(s) 19.49.52.png

Here you can see both properties, one created and not parametric from the information of the attributes of the ladder element. And the other necessary property to avoid double work.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-15 a la(s) 19.59.33.png

BIM Manager
1 REPLY 1
runxel
Legend

Properties which are "too hard" to calculate are not selectable for GOs.

There seems no clear rule for end users what exactly that means.

Hopefully this limit will fall one day.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»