Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

BIMcloud as a Service should be included in SSA / Forward

4hotshoes
Advisor

Paid membership for SSA includes Archicad updates and new releases as it should. It also includes premium tech support. But it should also truly include BIMcloud As a Service for each seat of Archicad at no additional cost. Let the small firm that chooses not to pay for SSA to have the free BIMcloud Basic. But treat your loyal customers well with easy cloud service and Zero IT.

Also, rename the 3 BIMcloud offerings (current naming is confusing to new comers):

BIMcloud Basic = BIMcloud Free

BIMcloud = BIMcloud Pro

BIMcloud As A Service = BIMcloud Pro GS

<Edit>

I would like to recommend that GS eliminate the "free" version of BIMcloud, if it will be included in the SSA. The reason is that I have heard that while it is free to users, it is not free of frustrations by both GS and users. It has cost GS a lot of time with users to set up and modify settings for user's particular equipment. GS should save the money waisted on servicing a "Free" product and provide the "BIMcloud Pro GS" in the SSA as one fee. The headaches would be eliminated. I will be much happier too along with many other AC users. Come on GS, just do it. You will save time and money and make happier users and will likely gain new AC users willing to pay for the added value.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
2 REPLIES 2

I must admit I was really disappointed when Graphisoft decided to do this and only introduce the new useful features to the paid for version. I understand they need to generate income to further develop such features. We simply cannot justify the extra cost for each and every license. All staff occasionally dip in and out of teamwork do each license would need to have the capability. maybe a better solution would be to have tiers of cost related to the number of BIMcloud projects hosted rather than linked to each license.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
4hotshoes
Advisor

So last year I paid $800 for Graphisoft's Archiplus SSA Membership/subscription. Surely BIMcloud as a service, the online cloud storage with extra Archicad features, couldn't cost nearly as much as is charged ($75 per month or $595 per year per user). It would make really good marketing and business sense if Graphisoft combined SSA and BIMcloud (Pro GS) for $1000 per year per seat. This would add value for users to commit to a daily used feature with cloud storage and teamwork, access to tech support, discounts on training, and access to annual updates. That would draw in those who upgrade every other year and give them a chance to experience Archicad like it was designed to fully function. Archicad's cousin Vector Works does this. Let the ones who don't pay for SSA use the BIMcloud free version. Then those who rather have their own local BIMcloud server would pay the initial purchase of $1600 and if they pay for SSA, they get their local BIMcloud serves included too. Come on Graphisoft, you give sometimes to get. Be a little more generous and you will see the bottom line grow. This is a good idea. DO IT!

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)