Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

BIMx with layer visualization control

Borgo1971
Booster

Hi. I'm not sure if I'm right, but seems that the last BIMx Desktop viewer has lost the ability to hide layers (with many other visualization controls). I'm aware that new realtime rendering is beauty, but many times it coulb be usefull viewing hidden line or white model, but above all, I need layer visibilty control!

Is it really gone from BIMx? Or where did Graphisoft developers hide this settings?!

If it's lost, which is the last BIMx Desktop Viewer with layer visibilty control, and where can we download it (both, for Windows and Mac)?

P.S. I can't figure why this massage is ended here in wishes, I thoght I wrote it in "Document & Visualize", but in any case, I wish the return of layer visibilty control in BIMx viewer!

since ArchiCAD 4 now 26 on
MacPro 5,1 xeon 6x3,33GHz 24GB ram, powered by macOS 11.7.8
MBP 16" 2019 i9 8x2,33GHz 16GB ram, powered by macOS 11.7.8
2 REPLIES 2
Borgo1971
Booster

I want to add the wish that beyond to get back a setting pannel to activate/disactivate layers, it may be usefull to have a command to hide selected object layer (or a contextual command to hide clicked object layer), and a undo command, like "fast layer" (I'm not sure it's the right translation, see the screenshot above) commands in Archicad.

Schermata 2023-03-01 alle 11.43.33.png

since ArchiCAD 4 now 26 on
MacPro 5,1 xeon 6x3,33GHz 24GB ram, powered by macOS 11.7.8
MBP 16" 2019 i9 8x2,33GHz 16GB ram, powered by macOS 11.7.8
VISION
Participant

Removing the layers was a huge mistake in my opinion. I probably cannot use it anymore for clients and inter-office. I am not making multiple bimx just to show different layers. Graphisoft Bring this option back.