Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Barrel Vault Tool

Vitruvius
Contributor
Get rid of the segment lines on roofs in 3D and plan.

It's just too retro 1996 - crap wire frame looking.
Cameron Hestler, Architect

AC 24 & 25 (3011) / MacMini i7-8700B @ 3.2 GHz / 32GB Ram / 512GB SSD

LG Ultrafine 4K monitor 22" & 27”

Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur
4 REPLIES 4
Chazz
Enthusiast
But maybe most importantly the curved roof elements need to be able to intersect intelligently with other curved elements and project the resulting lines of intersection in the 2d Plan. SEOs are not the answer.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
__archiben
Booster
Vitruvius wrote:
Get rid of the segment lines on roofs in 3D and plan.
vitruvius

what you're wishing for is a small part of a huge big picture issue that we have been hassling garphisoft to fix since forever: this issue is not limited to roofs . . . archicad needs to be able to handle real curved elements and not approximate them by faceting them into straight elements!

if i understand it correctly, this is going to require a huge re-write to the underlying modelling engine, but unless it is done sooner rather than later all new features are still going to have this limitation. it is not good enough to simply farm things out to maxonform, nor is it good enough to give us new modelling capabilities in 10 (sloped/complex structures) that are still restricted by this legacy code!

sort it out!
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree, this is becoming ever more a pain in our office, especially as we more towards more modern designs. I'm constantly getting complaints about Archicad's segmentation of arcs. I know, from previous experience with other cad programs (aka autocad) that it is entirely possible to model curved elements as 3d curved elements. I can't wait until archicad incorporates this ability into their software!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would also like to be able to intersect or trim to an adjacent straight wall at an angle, or a curved wall; and to be able to have a curved facia in plan along some edges.