Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Clone Folders with selected or limited storeys (particularly for iceberg hotlink projects)

J_Tucks
Booster

Clone Folders are great and can be time saving when setting up multiple types of plan views in multi-storey buildings. However, I seldom use them for plan views these days due to an increased amount of negative hotlink stories using the iceberg method. I might have a complex project with 4 building stories, but 30+ negative hotline stories.

It would be great to specify a set or limited number of stories to create clones of, similar to what is available in the 'filter and cut 3D elements' tool for perspective views. Clone folders could only be created for stories 0-10, or 0+. That way we get clone folders of the relevant floor plans, ceiling plans, set out plans, etc, without the miscellaneous hotlink stories.

ARCHICAD 25 - Mac OS Monterey - MacBook Pro 2.3Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16gb DDR3
12 REPLIES 12
KB-at-CWA
Booster

Can we not just have the option to hide the stories / sections / elevations / interior elevations that we do not wish to see when we are navigating the views? Surely this would be an easy feature to implement.

Graphisoft Certified Archicad BIM Manager - AC6 to AC25/AC26 macOS Ventura
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear all, 

Thank you for sharing your ideas about this wish!
I'm happy to say that we added a new wishlist entry into our system about this.
Please refer to WISH-12639 in the future. 

I hope it will be implemented soon. 

Best regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

Exactly @J_Tucks and Barry. Hide/unhide views in any of the individual cloned folders along with some color coding.  i think it would be much easier to implement as the current relationship between project and view map would be exactly the same, with the hiding occurring only in the view map.  If they dont want to do too much programming then any new view you create appears by default in the cloned folder, then you decide to hide or not, along with the other views you had already hidden.