BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Complex Profile Skin Information in Property Scripts

Matt Balaam
Enthusiast
There needs to be a way to access individual skin information within a property script for complex profiles.

My proposed solution is two additional fields within the WALL_SKINS_PARAMS parameter for the height and volume of each skin. The thickness is avaialable so I see no reason why the height can't be made available as it is exactly the same principle just measured on a different axis.

You can get skin volumes using component lists but these values can't then be used for calculation within ArchiCAD so this is useless for quantities. You can get infomation on skins in a composite profile within a property script however these same parameters return 0 values for complex profiles. This makes it impossible to calculate any usable quantity information for an individual skin in a complex profile using a property script.

You can hardcode the information for each complex profile using the name of the profile however this assumes the profiles will never be modified and also requires every profile to be coded individually, a large task when we have approx. 200 wall profiles.
AC21 (8002 AUS FULL) | AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!