Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Complex profiles wall and column types to mitre

fuzzytnth3
Booster
I think complex profiles should be able to mitre with different types of Complex Profile but have the same profile.

This would allow for example the user a very simple way to create Curtain walling that would be stretchable using the marquee should an opening change it's size.

Attached is a screenshot of the current behaviour of a Column and a Wall when they "meet".
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice to get a proper miter, but then I would also like to have the option to fillet them for plumbing and electrical conduit. At least they intersect nicely. As a workaround you can assemble what you want with beams in plan and save as a library part. The tubular frame below took about a minute to make.
TomWaltz
Participant
You can also draw them as walls in plan, then stand them up and save them as an object in the 3D window.

I know, it's a workaround, but it works until GS gives us real 3D mitering.
Tom Waltz
fuzzytnth3
Booster
TomWaltz wrote:
You can also draw them as walls in plan, then stand them up and save them as an object in the 3D window.

I know, it's a workaround, but it works until GS gives us real 3D mitering.
Yep that's how I got round the problem bit of a pain should the boss (and he frequently does) change his mind about the facade of a building and we need to show him an updated version of the facade for him to decide if he likes it or not.

The facade I'm currently working on has 6 storeys of completely unique sized windows in length (least they are all the same height) something like 50-60 windows all of which have gone through more than 10 versions of facade and he's about to do it again! After all I just have to press the magic button and it will be done instantly

If I had the time I would do it as a window object but what with three different glazing systems and various spandrel panels and internal linings etc it is much easier to do as a Complex Profile.

I see you are using AC 11 so I assume that this feature hasn't been added then?
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
TomWaltz
Participant
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
I see you are using AC 11 so I assume that this feature hasn't been added then?
You believe in unicorns, don't you.
Tom Waltz