Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Composite Wall Construction

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to edit each layer of a composite wall separately but still retain its composition to the entire wall.

For example, if the plate height of a composite wall is 10'-0" with a 6" truss heel, I would like to be able to have the stucco and osb go from 0'-0"up to 10'-6", while the stud would go up to 10'-0".

A simple parameter for each layer with height would be useful.

Much like selecting a material for a wall, there could be a lock which would set all layers to the same height, or conversely allowing each layer to be set to different heights.

Grant
6 REPLIES 6
MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
One of the essential functions! Nobody can tell me it'd be hard to do because Allplan has this option for some time now...
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
Karl Ottenstein
Grant: You already posted this same wish at -
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=573&

But, I see only 3 people voted there...

I agree: essential (along with much more related to composites).

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Aussie John
Newcomer
absolutely and with dragable hotspots in section and 3d view.

And while we are at it. multiple materials on surface (for instance banded brickwork). This would be a lot harder to implement i imagine.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Dwight
Newcomer
A chief problem when comparing to the other guys is banding of materials, not that they are easy to edit in other programs.
Dwight Atkinson
MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Don't understand: what is "banding"? My English is not that good...

Do you mean having different materials/colors on the same side of the wall/slab etc?
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
Dwight
Newcomer
Banding is when bands of material change as one climbs the wall- for instance: concrete band at the footing, brick to the waiscot, a running bond course, then stucco or siding and a fascia at the top.

some applications allow for the programming of this wall type and still have active window cutting....
Dwight Atkinson