Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Corner window

Mariano_BAMA
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I checked same of the existing conversations in and around window corner. It seems to me, that it is not possible yet to hendle the two section of a corner window seperately. I meant, they cannot be customazie individually. is it correct? If I am wrong, how can I customize separately? Many thanks in advance.

I tried to select, separately, however any change that I do on one side it applied to the other side as well.

My design goal is to have a corner window joint in the glass, achived, but with a differnt reveal result (my current problem) any advice and/or solution. 

Ideally I need also to add a solid panel section (openable) along the long section of the corner window.

Is it possible and/or to I need to treat again seperately with the window tool?

Many thanks in advance to all

Regards

Mariano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Andre_Steynberg
Booster

Hi @Mariano_BAMA , see the my attached images and check if this is what you want to show?

I used the Ribbon Window 16, insert it as a normal window, setup the Corner Connection Type as "Glass" (I don't think any of the latest windows can do this??).

So you can have a frameless corner window and both windows in the corner can have different reveal types as per my image.

Screenshot 2021-11-24 143207.png

 

Andre Steynberg
Win 10 64-bit
AC27

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Andre_Steynberg
Booster

Hi @Mariano_BAMA , see the my attached images and check if this is what you want to show?

I used the Ribbon Window 16, insert it as a normal window, setup the Corner Connection Type as "Glass" (I don't think any of the latest windows can do this??).

So you can have a frameless corner window and both windows in the corner can have different reveal types as per my image.

Screenshot 2021-11-24 143207.png

 

Andre Steynberg
Win 10 64-bit
AC27
Mariano_BAMA
Contributor

Ps. I hope in the next version of Archicad they will allow to manipulate separately each section of the corner window. It makes more sense.

Thanks again 

You can if you turn of the corner connection option.

Then each will be a separate window.

BarryKelly_0-1637806806103.png

You just have to turn on the custom corner and reposition the windows on plan so they join at the corner again.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

"...manipulate separately each section"

Isn't this is only an issue if you build the window using the Corner Window tool? I have not used it in ages due to previously having issues with it...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

@Lingwisyer wrote:

"...manipulate separately each section"

Isn't this is only an issue if you build the window using the Corner Window tool? I have not used it in ages due to previously having issues with it...

Yes, only if you use the corner window tool.

By default the windows are linked, so what you do to one, happens to the other (except for the window length - that is independent).

Turning off the connection is the same as placing separate windows and customising the corner connection.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry, for your advise. I will use it next time.

Ps. Sorry to reply you so late.

Thanks again. 🙂

Thanks Lingwisyer, to your participation and comment  🙂