Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Curtain Wall Tool should have Scale Sensitivity

fuzzytnth3
Booster
Curtain Wall Tool should have Scale Sensitivity just as the Door and Window tools have and be included in the Model View Options as Doors and Windows are.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I'm not sure if it will work, but have you tried making a custom frame that is scale sensitive? It would require a bit of GDL coding and making 2 or 3 custom frames (depending on how many scales you would use).

I think the code goes like this:
IF GLOB_SCALE=50 THEN 

!!!! your custom saved detailed profile GDL bits go here

ELSE

!!!! your custom saved simple profile GDL bits go here

ENDIF
You should be able to use it for both the 2D and 3D script.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I have taken a look at the GDL and it maybe possible to do what you say but I feel it would be better if ArchiCAD's tools had consistent behaviour.

One thing I have found is if you do use more detailed frame and cap components, is that the Curtain Wall tool stretches them to fit. Which means if I switch from a generic curtain wall symbol to a more detailed one I have to adjust all the dimensions of the curtain wall to take account of gaskets etc which I suspect will lead to errors.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
In my (limited) experience with the curtain wall tool, it is great for preliminary design stages to mock up quasy detailed system facades, but too lacking to accurately reproduce any of the systems out there (Jansen, Reynaers, etc), sadly

It seems to have had little to no development since its release with archicad 12, which is now what, 6 years ago?

Consistent behaviour is good, which is why I voted important

BTW, I may have phrased it oddly, but my suggestion would be to have 1 library part custom frame which is scale sensitive as a workaround. You just need to save the different detail level frames first to get the GDL code to copy paste.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5