Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Different Issue Numbers for Different Layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think this topic deserves its own topic as it is such a critical update. I have seen it mentioned in many wishes about general improvements to Plotmaker but it has still not appeared in the recent Plotmaker.

It is a simple concept. When a drawing set is issued each drawing has its own issue letter/number. There is not one issue letter/number for the whole set (in most circumstances). Currently this has to be manually entered on each layout and then added to file names that are exported in publisher. Makes the "issue field" in the book info a useless function as it stands.

Please graphisoft give us this option. All it needs is an additional column in the navigator where the issue number can be stored. An additional column could also be valuable for the reason for revision. This could simply be placed in the titleblock using a autotext function. With a little bit more power in publisher the exported filename could also be tinkered with to let these autotexts be added to end of the filename in publisher.

I cannot emphasise how much time this will save! Not to mention complete a critical function of "Publishing"!
15 REPLIES 15
Aussie John
Newcomer
Personally I think this is one of the most glaring missing features of Archicad
Link wrote:
Well said brother. I have long wished for an extra text box in addition to ID and Name, for all project views, views, drawings, layouts and publishing views, and sets. Just a text box where we could include our own description. And we could decide whether it shows up in titles, titleblocks, filenames, etc.
Likewise. This would be sufficient for our needs and as has been pointed out that "rev" is already available in the sheet index.

I would like to see Archicad generating a list (database) of published drawings (including their saved paths). As I think while typing how about checkbox items to be selected before any item is published which might include custom reasons for publishing (construction, tender, approval, etc). Also a radio button to to indicate the set should be included in the database.

Ideally would like to include who it is issued to, but that would need to be quick and easy and not have to type names each time I publish.

This prepublish dialogbox could also show selectable items to include in the published filename eg project number-drawing type-drawing number-revision number.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
__archiben
Booster
Aussie wrote:
This prepublish dialogbox could also show selectable items to include in the published filename eg project number-drawing type-drawing number-revision number.
john - it's something we discussed (a little off topic ) over here:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=64651&highlight=issuing#64651

great idea!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Aussie John
Newcomer
If we keep hammering GS maybe they will implement something
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I have screamed my tits off during the beta testing of AC9 and AC10...
Apparently it was not 'urgent' feature to be implemented, which is absolutely ridiculous.
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess this setup mite help:
I have used Drawing List as Drawing Transmittal and drawing ID as issue / revision

1. Setup of Drawing list:
Column 1 - Layout
Column 2 - Name
Column 3 - Drawing Scale
Column 4 - ID (Issue)
Column 5 - Custom text 1 (Project Status with <PROJECTSTATUS> auto text in fields)
Column 6 - Custom text 2 (Description)

2. Setup of Layout numbers:
Layout ID - Use Automatic Book and Subset ID assignment
(This should give layout number something like 00.01 this is important for correct order of layouts in table)

3. Setup of Title Block:
Place the drawing ID as issue letter / number

Now you can change your issue letters in your Drawing List and this should update the title block.
If you have more drawings in your layout with different issue letters they will be listed with comas and if all the same there will be only one letter.

This setup works for me and I guess can help you in time when Graphisoft working on perfect solution.
[/img]