Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Dimension Text Edit

DGSketcher
Legend

Please can someone revisit the Dimension Text Settings and remove the redundant elements which are cluttering up up the display and slowing data entry!

I for one regularly edit my dimensions, not to alter their measure value, but to supplement the figures with tokens such as FFL (Finished floor level) or "Floor to Floor". The current dialog requires the Multi-line radio button to be selected and then clicking in the text edit box to edit the text. For me that is two clicks more than necessary. On the balance of probability anyone opening this dialog does so to change the text value rather than just to view the value or make changes to the style.

Any chance this minor but important simplification can be made in AC27?

Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 16.52.42.png

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
3 REPLIES 3
isaacjpu
Booster

Agreed.

Double-clicking into the dimension field ala Revit would be wonderful. Then the text pet palette could show up, too!

Lingwisyer
Guru

People might not know what the autotext prompt means so might not directly relate the number on the right to it? Though fixing that would be just a minor UI adjustment.

Being able to edit inline would be amazing.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Fair comment Ling, but Autotext entries are an increasingly common part of Text and Label entries these days, I don't see Dimensions being significantly different.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)