Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Dimensions

jclewis
Booster
It would be very useful if we could assign different pens and linetypes to both the dimension line and the leader lines.
James C Lewis
AC 24 (Full)
Mac Pro (Late 2013) OS 10.13.5
7 REPLIES 7
Dave Jochum
Advocate
I'm not sure how I'd use different line weights, but line types would be very useful. I've never liked having to draw a separate centerline as a dimension leader.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Anonymous
Not applicable
And how about "arrowheads" too. When the line is a centerline the arrowhead should be a circle.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
This is an old thread, but I will add my 2 cents:

Typically, the extension lines of a dimension string (I believe they are called "witness lines" in AC) have a finer lineweight than the dimension line, so it would be convenient to be able to control the pens of each.

Controlling the linetype of the extension lines (the aforementioned center line) would be VERY helpful.

Also, the ability to use different arrowheads (a dot at center lines and/or grid lines) could be useful -- and the capacity to create custom arrowheads would be ideal!
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
How abuot an option for popup selecting vertical/horizontal/aligned after "hammer click"? Or manually track dimension alignement after "hammer click"
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
How abuot an option for popup selecting vertical/horizontal/aligned after "hammer click"? Or manually track dimension alignement after "hammer click"
Rolling Eyes
nice one, but how about after the hammer, left click - vertical, right click - horizontal and centre click aligned? That would be cool
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, baby, or just (hammer) click then shift-click up (or down) for vert, left or right for horiz, align for aligned.....instead of just the one point. And be able to change your mind if you do the wrong one!
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
Aladino I think you should create another, separate wish for this one
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au