Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Dongle cover

Anonymous
Not applicable
After having destroyed my protection key earlier this week, this may be a good time to discuss better WIBU keys. One would think that a dongle that costs about 4k would at least have some type of cover for the thing. I have purchased a 4 GB thumb drive from Lexar that came with an awesome snap on cover. Is this not a possibility in the future?
16 REPLIES 16
Stress Co_
Advisor
How about a MagSafe USB Dongle.... ah la the MacBook power cords.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
TomWaltz
Participant
Stress wrote:
How about a MagSafe USB Dongle.... ah la the MacBook power cords.
I like it.... of course, it would help if there were such a thing as MagSafe USB! That could be really nice!
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
At a place where I used to work, the office was broken in to. The intruders left all the Archicad keys on the desk, but walked away with all the iMacs. They must have thought that they were some sort of tracking device. It was pretty funny, except that they got 4 brand new iMacs.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Melisa wrote:
At a place where I used to work, the office was broken in to. The intruders left all the Archicad keys on the desk, but walked away with all the iMacs. They must have thought that they were some sort of tracking device. It was pretty funny, except that they got 4 brand new iMacs.
Ahhh haa. The thieves must have been German... as they obviously read this fools day announcement about the GPS Dongle.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I love archicad but I hate the dongle.
I worry that the dongle will be lost or broken.
I am very happy to pay archicad for the program, program support etc.
I use archicad on a laptop and a workstation. I often find myself in rendering limbo where I can't do any work while the computer is rendering, if I could render and work on separate computers my problem would be solved. There's got to be a better way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had inadvertently found a solution for this that was perfect for a profession that previously pushed a pencil.

I cannot remember the name of these leads but a few whiffs of ammonia and it might come to me. They came in little rectangular cases and the little black cap fit perfectly. Recently replaced the key but still have the same cap since my serial dongle was replaced for AC 6 (.5?).

My new wibu is about 3/4"± longer than the other and does stick out too far. Radio Shack sells a USB swivel that let's your key lay flat to the side of the machine and moves freely if you bump it. it swivels 360 and pivots 180

And if you want to render and still keep working and you use a Mac xGrid allows you to harness the processors of any G4+ running 10.3.9+ from anywhere in the world provided it is connected to a network.
Thomas Holm
Booster
jackrog1 wrote:
...There's got to be a better way.
Artlantis?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1