Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Explicit Select - command shift click

hampden
Booster
unless i'm missing it, it seems like the ac9 shortcut to slect just one item (command shift click on mac or control shift click on pc) seems to be gone in ac10. i REALLY miss this one, and i don't see why it was taken out. this key combo does not appear to do anything in ac10. the alternative suggested in the manual of right click and then click away from the context menu seems much more clumsy, and does not serve double duty of allowing you to select through overlapping selections (though i know one can now use the tab key to do this). hope i'm not the only one who would like to see this come back.

-Stefan

ok so maybe it's not essential but it's driving me nuts!
Stefan Hampden
CAST architecture - Seattle architect
2 REPLIES 2
Aussie John
Newcomer
Aelect the tool of the element you wish to select and that element will get preference.
Alternatively after selecting use the tab to highlight the various elements. The click select again
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
hampden
Booster
i realize there are other ways to accomplish selecting a specific item 😉 i just really miss that one as its much more direct. i don't want to have to select a tool or tab through a series of items. this is often a concern when zoomed into an area and there are fills / slabs which would get selected by clicking in "white space" without turning of the quick select. my point is it seems to have been taken out unnecessarily -it does not affect the way any other commands. i would just like to see it reinstated.
Aussie wrote:
Aelect the tool of the element you wish to select and that element will get preference.
Alternatively after selecting use the tab to highlight the various elements. The click select again
Stefan Hampden
CAST architecture - Seattle architect