BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Exporting data from Component Schedules

gdford
Advisor
The only way to schedule custom properties from building materials is by using the component schedule. When will we be able to export these property values?
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
You can save any schedule in a number of formats.
Is this of any use?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
gdford
Advisor
Sorry Barry - did not give enough information.
I was talking specifically about the Export/Import Property values from Schedule feature. At this point in time (A25) only Element Schedules can use this feature. The only way to schedule custom properties attached to building materials is with a Component Schedule and Component Schedules are not available for this process just like they are not available for attaching to a bimx model.. For me - this is a serious hole in the BIM that i assume will be filled some day. It seems logical that if we would want to query a door in Bimx for its hardware and security specs, then we would surely want to do the same with a wall and be able to see a list of the skins that make up the wall. I can only assume that this is ability is in the works. I can attest, that at least in the US, the trades on commercial jobs really really really want to get this type of information from their mobile device, and zooming around in a set of plans on a phone is just ridiculous and time consuming. Bimx should be working like google map. when you have the app open on your mobile device it should be following you around the building site and when you touch a wall, floor, door (whatever) you should be able to get all the information from that object that you could get out of the paper set of plans and spec book. This is only reasonable, and will clearly happen soon, be it Bimx and Graphisoft or someone else. The ability for Bimx to contain the paper plans is amazing, but that is not the end for where this tech is going.
For now I would be happy if i could export a schedule of component elements with their building materials custom properties using the Export/Import Property Value feature.
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Learn and get certified!