Hi! I guess many of us posting in this thread have opinions on what criterias a good export function should meet. How about making a list to Graphisoft if they ever decide to make their own fbx-export? This is what I think should be exported:
1) Global position xyz
2) Geometric groups. A wall with different surface materials should stick together after export.
3) Correct surface normals (not a big problem with Archicad)
3) Geometry triangulation, quads or "as is"-option
3) Material names (even long names and special characters)
4) Texture uv-coordinates
5) Soft or hard vertices and edges
Can you forum members come up with more? Or modify this list?