Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Feature Request - Searchable attributes for all tools

ShaunTaylor
Booster

Hi,

Can GS look at upgrading searchable layers for all tools? For example, I am trying to use it on Edit Selection Set but can't search layers. Would be nice to see the searchable attributes on Objects as well.

Cheers,

Shaun.

Layers.png
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

Yes, ideally the search feature should be included consistently for all dialogues.

You can type the first letter of the layer in this case and it will take you to the first match.

If you type quick enough, you can type the first 2 or maybe 3 letters to be more precise.

But of course this is not the same as a search that will find the phrase you want anywhere in the layer name - it is only good for the first characters.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
ShaunTaylor
Booster

Hi Barry,

Yes, I understand this concept and this was the way I was working until Archicad 26. But when you are working through the tools quickly, muscle memory kicks in and you can find yourself trying to type a containing word, rather than the first few characters when there is no search in a window.

I guess what I am saying is that I would just like to see some consistency with features and tools.

Cheers,

Shaun.

@ShaunTaylor wrote:

I guess what I am saying is that I would just like to see some consistency with features and tools.

I agree, and that is why I liked your original wish.

I just wanted to make sure you and others reading are aware even without the search, you can type the first letter to jump to that position in the list.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11