Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Find & Select w/Wall Composites

Anonymous
Not applicable
I searched for this wish, but found nothing, so here it is...

In the Find & Select dialog I would like to see "Wall Composite" as one of the filter options. I can use this is two situations. First, I could select all instances of walls with one composite and change them to another composite. Also, we use the ID field to indicate the wall type, so I could select all walls of a particular composite and make sure they have the correct wall type callout.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
its there !

find and select -> element = wall -> choice = fill

and in the fill popup you select the composite you are searching for
Anonymous
Not applicable
Holy #$@%! Why is this called "Fill"? I could have been using the freakin' thing, but I thought it was for specifying a fill, since it's named "Fill". AARRGGG!!!
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Jay, your wish came true in one day!
That's what I call efficiency
::rk
Karl Ottenstein
Jay wrote:
Holy #$@%! Why is this called "Fill"?
Because composites are not true, virtual, laminated walls ... they are faked with a 2D fill.

Or, perhaps the choice of composite wall (fixed width and fill as in composite settings) or standard wall (adjustable width, single fill) is made via the fill parameter of the Wall tool?

Or...

🙂

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB