Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Full Site Design Suite of tools needed!

rm
Expert
We are now on version 23 of ArchiCAD and still don't have tools to fully design a site. No, I am not referring to the Mesh Tool. Yes you can model terrain with it, but that is NOT a site design tool.

EVERY new building in the US, and dare I say everywhere else, has site design parameters and need to studied and designed in the BIM model, the earth is not flat! Meaning, we need to be able to design roads, sidewalks, curbs, driveway cuts, ADA ramps and the like in 3D that follow the site contours or go above or below them. How has Graphisoft gone so long without offering these tools to Architects?!?

I suspect there are some creative people here that can achieve these tasks, but not easily or fast.

Graphisoft - We need site design tools, are you ever going to develop them?!?!?
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
14 REPLIES 14
daviiiiidave
Advocate
Did you see the terrain modeling tutorial of ContraBIM? I think it's like 8 parts and it's very helpful.

ARCHICAD 19-25, Student & Full Archicard, CI Tools, Germany
Mifcom Renderbox AMD Ryzen 9 5900X GeForce RTX 3070 TI 32GB RAM 980 PRO SSD Win10
Thinkpad P52 4K i7 8850H NVIDIA Quadro P3200 (6 GB) 32 GB RAM SSD Win10 Pro

Jp1138
Expert
daviiiiidave wrote:
Did you see the terrain modeling tutorial of ContraBIM? I think it's like 8 parts and it's very helpful.
I´ve started watching it, it´s very interesting, thanks.
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
GOBA
Booster
Ghaleb wrote:
Keep an eye out on the release notes of ARCHICAD Updates/Version Releases for Wish #12532
That is the Request ID relating to this topic.
Hi Ghaleb, where can we see the release notes, with it ID?
ArchiCAD user since November 2109
AC24, Windows 10
Barry Kelly
GOBA wrote:
Ghaleb wrote:
Keep an eye out on the release notes of ARCHICAD Updates/Version Releases for Wish #12532
That is the Request ID relating to this topic.
Hi Ghaleb, where can we see the release notes, with it ID?

When you go to download the update, you should see a link to the release notes for that update as well.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
GOBA
Booster
Thanks Barry!
ArchiCAD user since November 2109
AC24, Windows 10