BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

GDL Toolbox

Anonymous
Not applicable
A wonderful treat for AC9 was the free release of GDL Toolbox.

Unfortunately it was never updated to run under AC10.

Now we are at AC11, and still no such capability exists in the basic ArchiCAD product. By that I mean basic visual 3d modelling tools.
Compared with 3D modellers it was very agricultural, but it did really extend what was possible in ArchiCAD.

Couldn't GS pull this under its umbrella - at the least - or introduce something like it?
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
rwallis wrote:
Couldn't GS pull this under its umbrella - at the least - or introduce something like it?
That would be great.
Anonymous
Not applicable
THis would be a great help in creation of objects
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Keith,

That post was in 2007

still not addressed

wonder why the users are jaded?
Anonymous
Not applicable
rwallis,
I know. I see that it was posted again in February of this year. I know GS looks at and reads theses postings.
If more people post then possibly some action will be taken to assist us with GDL. The process currently is tedious at best. If it were not for the GDL Cook book I would be know half as much about GDL.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just found this.
Even though logged in it would not let me vote.
New Gdl toolbox, why is it not time yet?
lec
vistasp
Advisor
I guess the poll's been closed. Is there an automatic time-limit?

Yes, the GDL toolbox or something similar would be a great development. I know the existing one could be a LOT more intuitive.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does the poll close when the wish has been granted?
Anonymous
Not applicable
So why was the GDL Toolbox abandoned?
This should have been integrated into Archicad 3D Window for enhancing and bringing the GDL modelling into the 21st century. No matter how good you are in coding, nothing can replace an user friendly interface for modelling, especially in a visual profession of architecture...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
As far as I remember the GDL Toolbox was developed by a 3rd party, not GRAPHISOFT. I guess when the 3rd party stopped updating it, GRAPHISOFT chose not to seek to take it over and incorporate its functionality into the program. They probably had different ideas.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!