Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

GDL calling of other objects

Aussie John
Newcomer
If I call an object within a GDL script I need to define all the parameters of the called object ( or accept its defaults. It would be a lot easier to to see a portal view of the "called object" and adjust the parameters in a special window.

Hmm not sure I explained that too well.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Aussie wrote:
If I call an object within a GDL script I need to define all the parameters of the called object ( or accept its defaults. It would be a lot easier to to see a portal view of the "called object" and adjust the parameters in a special window.
I and lots of others agree. A 'Visual GDL' has been a longtime wish - intereractive syntax checking, or in your wish above - code generation - would sure be nice.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
The new parameters all is cool but if one variable has a different name you still have to list everything. It would be good if you could get some sort of automatic list where you could tick or connect them to the new parameters.