BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

GUI on Mac more like GUI on Windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
I switch between a Windows 7 and a Mac OS environment, It would be nice to have consistent GUI's between both. I find the ordered Windows environment much easier to use.

Just my 2 cents...
2 REPLIES 2
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Can you clarify this a little? I use AC on both XP and Lion. I find having the separate windows in mac a little annoying (especially on a 13" laptop screen) and I like the single interface on windows (even though I'm mac guy wholeheartadly). But this is an operating system comment not really directly AC related. If they created the same UI, then AC would need to create a hybrid interface that would fail to adhere correctly to either OS guidelines. Which may not be a bad thing...
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
I totally agree.

If the implementation of OS X gui guidelines really end up in having 87 overlapping palettes and windows, then they aren't good. They are ok for simple apps, with max. 2 window/palettes. After this, you really need an non-overlapping or an extremely efficient snapping interface.

Who doesn't hate it when you have some space between your palettes and click on the background by mistake ?

For professional programs, workflow and ease of use is much more important than the pseudo-mac feel (besides, for now, i have no "mac-feeling" in current archicad)

I'm thinking of something like the cinema4d interface. Extremely flexible and precisely adaptable, I would love to have that in archicad !

Thanks !
Learn and get certified!