BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Ghost Section Views

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to be able to show a ghost view of a section. This would be helpful to me in drafting a sections or details that I cannot easily get directly from the model.

I relize that there are model purests here on the forum but in our realtime, tryin' to make it work office there are times where we just want to draw the detail or section quickly. By offering this ghost feature ArchiCAD users could choose to create section views directly on the cut model or quickly draft a drawing based on an overlay of the model.

Thank you,
John
6 REPLIES 6
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I agree wholeheartedly John. Your sentiments are not uncommon to people I work with. We should be able to ghost S/E's with S/E's and Details with Details, just like we can with Stories.

And in PlotMaker we should be able to ghost Layouts with Layouts.

Got my vote.

Cheers,
Link.
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Link wrote:
And in PlotMaker we should be able to ghost Layouts with Layouts
This one definitely has my vote. Wouldn't it be nice!

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yet another good idea.

Just yesterday we were preparing a design set of documents to take to a Structural Engineer. We cut sections but wished we could highlight the cut section itself while showing a grey ghosting of the background for reference.

Instead we cut rendered sections. But that makes for a busy drawing with too much detail, ...not to mention the quantity of ink used in making copies.
David Shorter
Advisor
We should have ghost available in the detail window so we can see the changes in the model before we update the detail
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
already discussed, more here....
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=11468
::rk
Aussie John
Newcomer
David wrote:
We should have ghost available in the detail window so we can see the changes in the model before we update the detail
good idea. I would be even happier if the details where placed in the coordinate position of the model.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Learn and get certified!