BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Give Folders/Layouts/Plans/Elevations Colour Option

FCA
Contributor

I was thinking it would make things visually quicker to differentiate if you could define folders with colours (similar to how you can in photoshop, giving a layer or group a colour).

Right click options - set colour - choose from pensets etc or a colourwheel

See very quickly done screenshot (screen is in dark mode).

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 12.32.29.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend

Sorry but the style police decided a few years ago that colour is inappropriate in the user interface... and Dark Mode isn't going well its it. 🙈

Monochrome may look cool but it definitely isn't helpful when it comes to identifying stuff quickly... Hmmm was it this grey button or this one... 🙄

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
scottjm
Advisor

+1 for this idea. 

I'm always putting ###### or !!!!!!! on specific important folders in the viewsets and layouts to make them standout. 

I'm sure there is a way to have a complementary colour work scheme that works with the minimalist iconset and achieve some level of visual clarity. 

We Architects are visual people and I still struggle to even tell the icon for a Layout Sheet from a View on Sheet apart sometimes.

Here's my idea of what it could look like.  Subtle and complementary, but still enough to help distinguish:

scottjm_0-1686179378180.png

Interestingly, I just worked out you can actually add Emoji's into the names of items on the Navigator. 

They only show as monochrome version though, so no colour. 😢

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
FCA
Contributor

Hah! Now you've got me putting emojis to all the folders!

Can't believe this is the current solution

jl_lt
Ace

Totally on board on this one.  

would be also useful in cloned folders: if hiding the views you wont need is not technically possible (of course it is), at least you can highlight the views you are actually using or viceversa for quick identification.

Learn and get certified!