Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Give Folders/Layouts/Plans/Elevations Colour Option

FCA
Contributor

I was thinking it would make things visually quicker to differentiate if you could define folders with colours (similar to how you can in photoshop, giving a layer or group a colour).

Right click options - set colour - choose from pensets etc or a colourwheel

See very quickly done screenshot (screen is in dark mode).

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 12.32.29.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend

Sorry but the style police decided a few years ago that colour is inappropriate in the user interface... and Dark Mode isn't going well its it. 🙈

Monochrome may look cool but it definitely isn't helpful when it comes to identifying stuff quickly... Hmmm was it this grey button or this one... 🙄

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
scottjm
Expert

+1 for this idea. 

I'm always putting ###### or !!!!!!! on specific important folders in the viewsets and layouts to make them standout. 

I'm sure there is a way to have a complementary colour work scheme that works with the minimalist iconset and achieve some level of visual clarity. 

We Architects are visual people and I still struggle to even tell the icon for a Layout Sheet from a View on Sheet apart sometimes.

Here's my idea of what it could look like.  Subtle and complementary, but still enough to help distinguish:

scottjm_0-1686179378180.png

Interestingly, I just worked out you can actually add Emoji's into the names of items on the Navigator. 

They only show as monochrome version though, so no colour. 😢

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
FCA
Contributor

Hah! Now you've got me putting emojis to all the folders!

Can't believe this is the current solution

jl_lt
Ace

Totally on board on this one.  

would be also useful in cloned folders: if hiding the views you wont need is not technically possible (of course it is), at least you can highlight the views you are actually using or viceversa for quick identification.