Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Global variable for section/elevation orientation

Pertti Paasky
Advocate
It would be handy to program objects to turn according to the section/elevation orientation . Flat trees and people would show their fascades then. In 3d wiew perspective window you can orientate with GLOB_TARGPOS_x,y,z and GLOB_EYEPOS_x,y,z global variables already.
Thank You GS.
- AC-24 FIN - WIN 10 - HP Zbook -
“A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.”
George M. Moore, Jr.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Pertti,

I agree. A new set of globals for sections/elevation is much needed. Your orientation global is a good example.
From my scripting experience, and related to section/elevation globals, I would also like to have an object global that would tell if the object is cut by a section or not.
As an object become complex, sections can get slow to regen, specially with lots of instances. With this global, only the cut objects would display in detail.
Pertti Paasky
Advocate
Cut recognising is a useful idea, for example cut windows could show much more information than those in the background.

ONE MORE IDEA:
section/elevation windows should have movable hotspots which adjust the boundaries of s/e:s . Especially section top and bottom boundaries which are now adjustable but only in the dialogue box and by characters, could be handy to adjust "on site".
- AC-24 FIN - WIN 10 - HP Zbook -
“A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.”
George M. Moore, Jr.
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
I like this idea a lot. There are serious efficiency drawbacks which made it impossible for Graphisoft to implement earlier. We'll keep that in the top section of the (GDL related) wish list and we'll see what's possible.

Regs,
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has this been implemented yet in AC14/15? Using 2d planar trees that face the correct way in elevation would be incredibly useful, and really help speed up the automatic placement of entourage to 'decorate' the drawings.

The online basic library documentation for AC15 appears to show that there are no new features introduced this year, so I'm hoping it just hasn't been updated yet.

Fingers crossed!
JGoode
Advocate
Is this possible from ArchiCAD 19 onwards? In particular the ability to program objects to turn according to the section/elevation orientation?

Thanks
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Arnaut_2604
Booster

I'm guessing this still isn't possible. Was about to ask just the same question but then found this board.