Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Highlight active text anchor

Haneef Tayob
Booster
Hello
I would like to see the active text anchor point highlighted differently.

Currently one has to click on individual text blocks to see if they are anchored properly.
I think this will save time in detecting badly placed text and avoid the problem where text is lying in incorrect positions when one rescale drawings.

thanks
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein
Haneef wrote:
Hello
I would like to see the active text anchor point highlighted differently.
What a great wish! As much as I have fought with this issue, this would be a huge aid.

For newbies: the text anchor can be one of 9 locations for a text block (see info palette or object settings) and is the position relative to the text block that remains fixed when you display at different scales. So, for example, if you have a right-justified text block with a leader spline going from the middle right of the block, you must use the middle right "anchor" point for that text block if you have any hope of things looking right at two different scales.

I vote essential. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
__archiben
Booster
Karl wrote:
What a great wish! As much as I have fought with this issue, this would be a huge aid.
just echoing karl's sentiments. that would be a fantastic improvement. i would also go as far as saying that all anchor points for all elements that use them - not just text-based elements - use a similar method: objects, windows, doors, etc . . .

at present editable hotspots are distinguished by colour and shape. something similar (different colour, different shape) would be the solution, no?

maybe right-clicking on them gives us a new pet palette command that would allow an easier 're-anchoring' method . . ? or maybe i'm going too far . . . ?

cheers
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
~/archiben wrote:
Karl wrote:
just echoing karl's sentiments. that would be a fantastic improvement. i would also go as far as saying that all anchor points for all elements that use them - not just text-based elements - use a similar method: objects, windows, doors, etc . . .

at present editable hotspots are distinguished by colour and shape. something similar (different colour, different shape) would be the solution, no?

maybe right-clicking on them gives us a new pet palette command that would allow an easier 're-anchoring' method . . ? or maybe i'm going too far . . . ?

cheers
~/archiben
Me2 all of that. The original wish is visionary, a forehead-slapper, how did I not think of it. Ben's generalization is great as usual.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Good ideas. Maybe the anchor point (show handles when not selected) is idicated differently as well.

And allow dimension text to anchor from left, centre and right. Not just left.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Go get 'em, Ben!

Great wish, I hope to see it implemented soon as it doesn't seem such a big trouble to do it. Just make the anchor point in another color, just like hotspots are in GDL objects.
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Practical wish

You get my vote!
Andy Thomson
Advisor
yes, vital for fixing scaling text that has been placed improperly!
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know how I missed this one. I agree. It's a great idea.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!