BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

How complex profile walls should work

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to see complex profiles work differently than they currently do. Most important, I hate how if I change the profile of a "stretchy", the wall changes to the "default" height of the profile. I think all complex profile walls should be default as stretchy with an option to be a fixed height, rather than the current set up. Also, the stretchy portion of the profile should be squishy too, so for example, if I have a profile with a sill plate, a stretchy section for the studs, and a top plate, the stud section of the placed wall could shrink down to 0 leaving just the top & sill plates.
This type of system seems like it would be easy to implement.

Second: it would be great if we could select particular skins to be "parametric" at least for materials to be controlled from the info box or tool. This would eliminate the need to create a duplicate profile because I want a wall with a different color stucco.

Third: in the edit profile window the should be another section line to define a symbolic cut view so that all walls can have the same functionality

Finally, I would like to see the naming window revised to behave like the composite wall one. If I have to make a duplicate profile because I want a wall with a different skin height, or material, then it would be nice if the name of the wall was already typed for me (i.e. 2x4 ext. wall copy), that way I wouldn't have to remember the code I used to identify each type of wall. Creating duplicate composite walls already works this way, frankly I don't understand why it wasn't set up the same way for complex profiles.
1 REPLY 1
TomWaltz
Participant
all good ideas...
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!