Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Improve software licenses to allow remotely deauthorizing licenses

jshuether
Enthusiast

Presently, an Archicad software license may only be assigned to one computer at a single time, and there is no way to remotely deauthorize a license so that it may be downloaded to another computer.  Graphisoft might address this issue by the summer of 2023.  Does anyone else not see this setup as ridiculous?  I frequently do work on my home computer, and sometimes on my laptop when away from home or the office. The only way to use the license on multiple computer is to release the license back to the license pool using the License Manager Tool.  This process is horribly inconvenient to do when I am racing out of the office to pick up kids from soccer practice, etc.  Industry leading software, AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup and Adobe, not only allow you to install the same license on two different computer simultaneously, but they notify you when you have exceeded the allowable number of computers and allow you to log into their websites and deauthorize a computer so the license is free to be used on another computer.  Please, please, please Graphisoft, don't wait until 2023 to address this issue with software licenses.  

ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
5 REPLIES 5
furtonb
Advisor

Even within the Nemetschek Group there are much-much better practices: Cinema 4D's license handling is wonderful.

...and I'm stuck with an USB-A dongle that I have to carry an adapter for to plug in into my computer, fascinating. Why do I need to sign into the program to use teamwork, if my license is not linked to my account? Why would GS charge me to convert my HW key to a SW key? Why is the two separate license type different in 2022? When can we expect any improvements? I'm not holding my breath...

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!

I'm glad to say that this is an existing wish in our Wish list database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-2655)

I hope we see this get implemented soon!

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

So I guess in another year?😁

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
dsfahsdfhn
Contributor

This is absolutely woeful that it was ever considered to be a viable option.

At least once a month or so my team wastes some good time trying to troubleshoot license issues and not being able to remote logout someone slows it to a crawl. 

Recently someone went overseas and left their license on their home PC. Admin can't make it available...

I went through Graphisoft an earlier time to recover a license on a PC that was formatted and it took about a week for them to release the license from woah to go... (including signing some silly form about it being a legit request yadda yadda - I guess you could disconnect a PC from the internet and attempt to carry on using the license even though its disabled remotely....?).

This is not good enough in the slightest.

Things like this are why AutoDesk are streets ahead...

We recently had similar thing happened. What is worse is actually, that the person was able to put the licence in the pool (unlike yours) but when she signed on another computer, it did not work. Also signing under other licence would not work on new computer….. So the pool is completely useless because once you are on different computer than originally it won’t work. From other stand point, I can see why they do it but I don’t think it’s worth it.

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)