Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Inbuilt AI Bot for generating GDL code

Jarrod Phillips
Enthusiast

Hi there,

I propose that Graphisoft integrates an AI bot within Archicad to automate GDL code generation for custom parametric objects. This could significantly reduce time spent on manual coding, making GDL more accessible and potentially attracting a wider user base.

Leveraging open-source AI technology, such as Code Llama 70b, for GDL syntax could make this integration both feasible and efficient. This feature would not only streamline design workflows but also reinforce Graphisoft’s position as an innovator in architectural software.

Thanks,

Jarrod

BIM Manager | Graduate of Architecture
Fulton Trotter Architects - Sydney, Australia
Archicad 15 - 27
8 REPLIES 8
Scraptrash
Booster

Tried GPT4 previously. It doesn't seem to have enough training data on GDL to generate useful codes. 

MacBook Pro (16 inch, 2021) Apple M1 Max 64GB macOS Monterey Archicad 26 MBP trackpad Logitech Master MX3
Hmooslechner
Rockstar

I wait for that too.

AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Karl Ottenstein

Given that Graphisoft has insufficient funds to develop fully core functionality (based on their post about converting to subscription to have revenue to maintain development) - would you really propose that this is important enough that resources should be taken away from other projects? 

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

No - not Graphisoft, but the AI-Makers... dont think C# or else is converted from the coders to AI - more the other way round...

Well, yeah, but the OP said "I propose that Graphisoft integrates an AI bot within Archicad"... not the AI makers (however they would profit from it)...

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

You pay the AI for something like that as coder. normal tasks.

Apologies, I responded to the wrong comment.

Archicad 15 - 27

Hi @Karl Ottenstein,

Graphisoft’s development of an AI Visualiser using Stable Diffusion highlights their capability in AI integration. This experience should ease the path for implementing an AI bot for GDL code generation, as they can leverage existing technical expertise and infrastructure. Essentially, much of the groundwork for an AI-driven GDL tool is already laid, making it a logical and efficient next step for Graphisoft to enhance Archicad’s functionality.

Cheers,

Jarrod 

Archicad 15 - 27