Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Interface

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am on a PC and I really like the interface that apple's itunes software provides. I think graphisoft could really benefit from following itunes graphical interface guidelines. Brushed aluminum, and simplicity, why re-invent the wheel?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, I missed the interface discussion in another post. I'll put in my 2 cents there.
Dwight
Newcomer
The graphisoft interface design team seems needlessly bound by Macintosh interface convention while Mac applications llike LightWave seem to transcend it.

I feel that ArchiCAD's dialogs aren't dense enough - not enough options at once and needless extra layers of dialogs..... altho things like pet palettes come a long way to making the GUI sing, uh... chant...

See LightWave GUI attached.
Dwight Atkinson
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dwight wrote:
The graphisoft interface design team seems needlessly bound by Macintosh interface convention while Mac applications llike LightWave seem to transcend it.

I feel that ArchiCAD's dialogs aren't dense enough - not enough options at once and needless extra layers of dialogs..... altho things like pet palettes come a long way to making the GUI sing, uh... chant...

I totally agree Dwight. ArchiCAD's whole interface needs to be more condenced. Some of the buttons and options take up way too much room, especially the Info Box.

James.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dwight do you really like that???
It's ugly as it gets...
::rk
Dwight
Newcomer
Aesthetix aside, I like it because it is dense, precise, color coded and customizable. Not to mention small and interleaved....

I feel that it is time to leave the kid-stuff dialogs of 1984 behind and move to a slick user experience oriented interface. I posted the LighWave interface just to prove that GUI design on Mac can be a shell within a shell and not bouonded by Macintosh convention as I am repeatedly told by head office.

Excuse me. I must watch my favorite TV show. It is about an intrepid crew of GUI designers in Budapest overwhelmed by dialog boxes...

"Honey, I Shrunk The Interface."
Dwight Atkinson