Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Label Tool with leader on both sides & Multiple arrows

archislave
Enthusiast
I would like to see a label tool with a leader on both sides of the text.
Multiple arrows sprouting from one leader would also be great!
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
11 REPLIES 11
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
I think this would be a great idea as well as we had good control on the arrows. I am voting important.
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
TomWaltz
Participant
I've written this for several different clients, but they retained the rights so I cannot post it freely.
Tom Waltz
On principle, I vote Essential on all label improvements.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Multiple leaders would be nice -- being able to control their location in relationship to the text is a must!
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ability to put leader on both sides is good. Alignment of label and setting leader positon relative to text when leader is on right side of label now requires a cumbersome and time consuming series of adjustments; fixing that would be nice > i voted essential.
Rakela Raul
Participant
I've written this for several different clients, but they retained the rights so I cannot post it freely.
you can write it for me now and i will give you the rights to freely distribute it

JUST KIDDING TOM
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is one of those relatively little but fundamental things that any real CAD software should have these days. Examples of multiple leaders coming from one note can be found on any old hand drawing you look at. I signed in to post this myself just now, so I'm voting Essential.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Voting Essential as any improvement to Label tool is welcomed!
Thomas Holm
Booster
James wrote:
On principle, I vote Essential on all label improvements.

James, I respect your position. But how hard is it to draw an extra line with an arrow? You would have to place those extra leaders anyway. I really don't think this is essential. Nice, but not more than that.

To have labels optionally show up in schedules and calculations is much more important, I think. But that's another thread.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1