Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Labelling hot-linked elements

Anonymous
Not applicable
While a little clunky to set up, labelling doors and windows in sections and elevations to automatically show their ID is very useful in construction documents.

A big selling point of ArchiCAD is "flexibility" - you can hotlink/ xref/ share via a teamwork file etc.

So it is somewhat surprising to find I cannot auto-label doors and windows that are part of a hotlinked module.....
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
rwallis wrote:
While a little clunky to set up, labelling doors and windows in sections and elevations to automatically show their ID is very useful in construction documents.
In Russia, too, show marking the doors and windows at the facade.
But what does it mean "automatically"?
In ArchiCAD associative inscriptions can be put on the facade or the section also how on story.
TomWaltz
Participant
Make sure you vote for your own wish.

You're right. Being able to label elements in a hotlink is a pretty major missing feature.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
What I meant by "automatically" is that the tags for the doors and windows in the elevations and sections show the element ID rather than a (manually entered) text or number. The "automatic" part is that as when the IDs are updated in plan they update elsewhere too.
(Obviously this is a basic feature).

My point is that it should work for hotlinked elements too. If you open an elevation that shows a hotlinked wall, the doors (& windows) in it can be selected, but if you try to label them that option is greyed out in the dialog box!
TomWaltz
Participant
rwallis wrote:
What I meant by "automatically" is that the tags for the doors and windows in the elevations and sections show the element ID rather than a (manually entered) text or number. The "automatic" part is that as when the IDs are updated in plan they update elsewhere too.
(Obviously this is a basic feature)
They should already do that.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
They do - I was just explaining for Valery what "automatically" meant...
Anonymous
Not applicable
rwallis, I thank for the explanatory.
I did not use the whole floors in hotlink, therefore have not understood about what speech. Now I have tested labell in hotlink and have understood your wish. It really is a problem. It is covered more deeply, than associative labels in hotlink. It ID an element which in different files can be not coordinated.