BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Landscape

Anonymous
Not applicable
Graphisoft should develop "intelligent"landscape plants (TREES , PALMS, BUCHES, ETC..) with the ability to not only have a 3D GDL object but also to have a JPGs picture assigned and then have AC rendering engines automatically switching between 3D or JPG when a Color rendering or a Sketch mode rendering (respectively) are done.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Uaw... Thank you Stuard, I loved the web site, but probably I didn't explained my self very well. This is what I meant:

It would be nice to be able to render using SKETCH ENGINE and LIGHTWORKS ENGINE using the same library parts, and ArchiCad turning the 3D & JPG image ON and OFF automatically depending in which engine you are using.

For the renderings done with LIGHTWOKS engine I like to use the "TREE BITMAP 13" object with the different JPG images of the different plants I am using in the landscape but if I use this same object to render with SKETCH engine then all the "JPG images" come as a rectangle in the space.

I like to develop the project (Schematic Design and Design Development fazes) using the Sketch mode for the 3Ds first and leave the final Lightworks renderings to the end, so the client don't get confused and distracted with finishes/colors in advance. (and also I have a better differentiation of one faze and another.)

Thank you any way for the tip.
F.S.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. I get it now.

The only thing I can suggest for now is using layers, but that means doubling up on objects. You can have a "Tree-Sketch" layer and a "Tree-Render" layer and layer combinations set to display the ones you want for whatever output you require.

But, yes, a good idea for a wish, if it is actually able to be implemented (the object recognising the render engine).
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it's just necessary to "reanimate" tool like "ArchiSITE". Of course more advanced - with professional road builder (that was the problem of ArchiSITE - roads were really primitive). Plants etc. might be part of that landscaping tool.
I personally don't like new landscaping addons - like Cadimage and ArchiTerra.
Learn and get certified!