Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Layer Extension with Layer Name

Bruce
Expert
It would be really handy to have the layer extension able to be created/named at the same time one is creating the layer.

I use extensions to differentiate between layers of the same name (e.g. DEMO, EXIST, OPT1 etc), but in order to do this I have to first create the layer with a letter short so it doesn't clash with the exsiting layer name, add the extension, then add the last letter to the layer name.

It would easier if the extension could be created at the same time.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can add an extension to the original layer, then create another layer of the same (original) name, but yes, a valid point. Why not have both inputs in the same pop-up?
Erika Epstein
Booster
When you type in the layer's name, follow it with a period. Everything after this period becomes the extension.

wall.int
wall.ext

Wall.site.D

site.D is all in the extension
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Bruce
Expert
Brilliant - ta for that
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb