Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Layer combination, MVO, Overide combination combo

Polar Bear
Booster
Hello,

- Are there ways to combine these setting into one group of setting, as often they go together (other than by creating views). ?
- Are there way to create dimension which are view specific? As me understanding goes, dimension and other annotations are applied throughout the model and managed via layers?

Thanks
Martin
Archicad 25 - 5010
Macbook pro 13" /Big sur 11.4 + External 4K 27"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
No, you cannot group them. The only group you can get - is in views. Good practise is to 'clone folder' - then you can apply settings to all floors or elevations at once. Well structured views are also very useful - with folders following project stages etc. This way it's possible to pre-set a lot of options for views (layer combinations, MVO etc) and use them in template.
The only way you can control dimensions apart of show or hide layer - via renovation filter or using partial structure display. Then dimensions, placed in core of load-bearing only, will be hidden in full structure mode.
Annotation is possible to control via MVO - because MVO can communicate with GDL scripts. But to do this - you need to program your own annotation elements on GDL. I did that in my library and it works very nice - I can show or hide specific labels, change font of all labels and markers instantly and control size in MVO.
Unfortunately it's impossible to do the same for dimensions apart as create GDL object as dimension line (that I don't think good idea, because placing dimensions with such custom GDL tool will be not so fast and comfortable). But I wish I could control dimensions in the project via global GDL script.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
No, you cannot group them. The only group you can get - is in views. Good practise is to 'clone folder' - then you can apply settings to all floors or elevations at once. Well structured views are also very useful - with folders following project stages etc. This way it's possible to pre-set a lot of options for views (layer combinations, MVO etc) and use them in template.
The only way you can control dimensions apart of show or hide layer - via renovation filter or using partial structure display. Then dimensions, placed in core of load-bearing only, will be hidden in full structure mode.
Annotation is possible to control via MVO - because MVO can communicate with GDL scripts. But to do this - you need to program your own annotation elements on GDL. I did that in my library and it works very nice - I can show or hide specific labels, change font of all labels and markers instantly and control size in MVO.
Unfortunately it's impossible to do the same for dimensions apart as create GDL object as dimension line (that I don't think good idea, because placing dimensions with such custom GDL tool will be not so fast and comfortable). But I wish I could control dimensions in the project via global GDL script.
Polar Bear
Booster
Thanks a lot!
Archicad 25 - 5010
Macbook pro 13" /Big sur 11.4 + External 4K 27"