Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Layering Composites

Lingwisyer
Guru
Hi all,

This wish is for the modification on how composites work. At the current moment you either make a composite for each variation in cladding which can clutter the composites list or leave it all generic.

The proposal is for the ability to layer composites so that you can instead have a library of composites which contains just half or a third of a wall structure, which is then layered within the wall tool to create the finished wall.

Wall Tool => Composite Structure => Selected Composite
Wall Tool => Composite Structure => Layer => Exterior Composite + Structural Composite + Interior Composite

This is basically creating a composite of composites which could be seen as over complicating things...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend
Do Offset Modifiers not do what you want when using a complex profile? On the theme of zero thickness, OMs will allow zero thickness to make things disappear e.g. zero thickness offsets do not appear in things like skin lists.

I find complex profiles more flexible than composites for modelling walls, it's a shame they don't currently translate to roof, shell & slab type elements.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Lingwisyer
Guru
Unless I am creating a spit material wall or one that has varying thickness, I avoid Complex Profiles as you lose the automatic reference line functions and the interior / exterior facings.

There are also some wall interactions that do not work properly when using a Complex Profile. Do not currently remember which ones they were though at the moment...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lingwisyer wrote:
There are also some wall interactions that do not work properly when using a Complex Profile. Do not currently remember which ones they were though at the moment...

Window/Door symbolic reveals.