Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Level dimensions on composite slabs

Vasileios S_
Advocate

Hello there,

I need the level dimension marker to show top and bottom of the slab core on a composite slab. In the following example (real scenario), I use a composite slab of 150mm concrete (core) and 50mm tiles. I need the level dimenion marker to show two rows: +0,00 (top of core) and -0,15 (bottom of core). Right now, a level dimension marker shows +0,05, the real upper level of the composite slab.

I think this issue splits into two different sections: a) the ability to show two dimensions in the level dimension marker and b) the ability to select what heights the level dimension will display.

level-dimensions-composite-slabs.jpg

You cannot build a line.
14 REPLIES 14
Lukas Zeleny
Enthusiast

you can set skin dimensioning in "Dimension detail". You can set them to automatic or manual skin dimensioning. 

LukasZeleny_1-1643012818053.png

When dhis is not enough you  can add any point in dimension line by holding ctr+click you .

BIM Manager at SIEBERT+TALAŠ
www.sieberttalas.com
Vasileios S_
Advocate

That's not what I'm asking for. I'm talking about "level dimensions" in plans, not "dimensions" in sections.

By the way, thanks for the dimension tip. I didn't know that.

You cannot build a line.

I'm sorry I missed that.

Regarding to level dimensions Im affraid that I dont have any solution for you. We dont have ability to have more levels for one story. You can add new story between these two with height 0,05 but it will mess with the rest of the project. Especially with floor plan representations. 

In labels there is option to switch between surface and core elevation but no option to display them at the same time (only if your tiles were set as core). So you can only combine two labels to show both values. Which is again not very convinient.

So I think the best way is to use dimensions and setup them to look like story dimensions.

May be somebody else has better solution.

BIM Manager at SIEBERT+TALAŠ
www.sieberttalas.com
Vasileios S_
Advocate

Right now I've exploded the dimension and it's only fills, lines and texts and I get the job done.

But I think Archicad will be able to provide us a solution to this issue.

You cannot build a line.
Rajesh Patil
Expert

If you are OK with such display then try to edit the dimension text by setting it as "Custom Text" with Enter key to change the text line and then using several "Underscore" key strokes for getting divider line and again enter key to change text line to type another level dimension value.

2022-01-24 (1).png

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB
Vasileios S_
Advocate

@Rajesh Patil This is interesting, but not what I want to achieve.

As for the symbol, I would like it to display as shown in my first image.

As for the heights, I would like to not put "custom height", but to subtract the core thickness for the core top height automatically.

You cannot build a line.

In such case try using Label Tool as you can add any property defined under Classification & Properties topic. Also you can design your own Label for its appearance too.

If possible, once free, I will surly send you suitable one for your need.

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB
runxel
Legend

No solution other than a nice GDL label (SLAB_SKINS_PARAMS will do the trick), but may I ask why you don't seperate the load bearing slab from the finish?

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Well @Rajesh Patil , I will be glad if you could do it for me!

You cannot build a line.