BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Line Types of Construction Elements Displayed Across Stories

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be a big improvement to be able to set unique line types on stories above and below for independantly each tool or possibly for individual construction elements. Currently the only setting is to set line types for stories above or below the same for all tools and construction elements.

I'd like this flexibility so that I could set line types on stories above and below at one settings for slabs and another line type setting for roofs.

Thank you,
John
5 REPLIES 5
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
hmmm, and what would that be good for?
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
johncassel wrote:
I'd like this flexibility so that I could set line types on stories above and below at one settings for slabs and another line type setting for roofs.
Robert,
I have seperate stories for foundation slabs, individual floors, floor, upper floor framing and upper and lower roofs. I want the roofs to show up on other stories as dashed lines. I want the walls on stories below and above to show up as a different type of dashed lines. The 1st floors slabs are modeled on the foundation layer. I want these to show up on the 1st floor story as a solid line.

Basically, I want the ability to choose what elements show up on each floor with complete control over the line types that they are showing. This would save me tracing the elements with a line representation. I want the tool to work for me, not the tool working me.

The way the Options/Preferences/Construction Elements/Line Types of Construction Elements Displayed Across Stories almost always gives me what I need. Currently, those settings are too constrained for what I want. It's a wish list item.

Thanks,
John
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
John,

why would you use separate stories for a floor structure ? What about layer combinations?? It seems to me that you are using some 'strange' project organisation. I can't help it but I haven't ever had problems with that. The different story is about visibility of elements across storyes (partly implemented in AC9).
I want the tool to work for me, not the tool working me.
However, I see your point, so we could have that in a sort of window as for slab/roof/mesh Show on Storeys - Custom Settings window. I suppose it could be the right spot for that.
::rk
Aussie John
Newcomer
I dont think it is too way out of an indea to separate a Floor into more than one storey. I for one use storeys for the reflected ceiling plan, high and low levels roofs and subfloor structures. It is much easier than having to use layers. Of course the problems as John indicated are showing elements that are common to both stories.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I voted essential. I would also like ANY constuction elements (including Walls and Columns) do be shown on any number of above and below stories, just like it is possible now with Slabs.
Plus, I would like to set for each element type the linetype for above and below.
Having one linetype for above stories and one for below stories (as set in Preferences) does not provide for all possible cases.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!