BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Link objects to walls - Toilets, Beds, etc...

bouhmidage
Advisor

Hi, 

I have an idea, out of the box, 

What if some objects from the library behave like a window, they can be anchored to a wall, when the wall moves, they follow on, 

here i changed the type of a bed inside the GDL editor t oGS-Window, so it appears in the window menu, 

Now it can be placed on a wall like a window, but it's turned and it has a Wallhole, 

the object keeps all it's parameters it's fully parametric like the original bed 

Does someone know how to fix this ? 

it can be used for toilets, washbassin, electrical equipments, all kind of objects that can be acnchored on a wall

ARCHICAD_YaTPxUnOo1.png

ARCHICAD_YhrwfWUUrQ.png

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
20 REPLIES 20
Karl Wir_n
Enthusiast

Hi!

The "Accessories" add-on links objects to walls, roofs or slabs. The "Interior wizard" add-on links objects to zones. The objects will still be objects, not windows or doors. If you move or resize the wall, slab, roof or zone, the object moves and adjusts its size and/or position accordingly. However, these objects need to be scripted as special "accessory objects".

I've scripted a few accessory objects myself since the GS Accessory library isn't that extensive.  I've mostly made different cladding and roofing materials since that is what I needed, but of course anything can be linked. The add on provides you as a GDL programmer with information about the wall, slab, roof or zone. Information such as geometry, number of openings, wall direction etc. Given the information you receive, you can create objects associated to these building elements. 

I realize this is not an option if you are not skilled in gdl-programming, but since code snippets have been posted here I thought it could be worth mentioning.

Here is a picture of a wall siding object and a wooden deck object I've made. If I stretch the wall or change the shape of the slab beneath the deck, the objects will rebuild to adapt to the new geometry:

KarlWir_n_0-1708611079047.png

This is the GS download link where you can find the add ons I'm talking about: 

Goodies for Archicad 27 INT – Graphisoft

//Karl W

Learn and get certified!