Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Linking to information outside the BIMx-file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello dear ArchiCAD community.

One of my customers (a small contractor) has embraced the idea of using BIMx-docs all the way. But it has turned out impractical to add ALL information in the BIMx-docs file. An idea was born to add an external webb url that carries information for each individual element that is to be built.

Example:
An office is divided in two and some walls are to be demolished and some new to be constructed. The demolition company can tap on each wallobject that is marked for demolition in the BIMx-file and via http-link get detaled information regarding hazardous waste or transportation instructions. Walls that are to be constructed like Gyproc walls, can have detailed building information and quality control instructions. On top of that fire-rating, water resistance etc.
When the project is finished construction instructions can be replaced with FM-information on the info-site.

The company that I work with see this function as crucial for securing building quality through subcontractors via BIMx-docs.

I'm thinking that this could be a easy fix, using an IFC-parameter that could be picked up in the BIMx-docs-object-info-box.

(I am aware that the link can be achieved by adding a url in the info text box in an object that is not locked for tampering, but I need the functionality for all that is to be constructed in a simple workflow).

Thank you for listening!
//Peter Olsson
cadpillar AB

BIMx_weblink_request.jpg
0 REPLIES 0