BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Material changes

lagodue
Newcomer
It would be nice if after making a change to a Material it would remember the last Material changed. Too often I will make several changes to a Material (after closing out the dialogue box) but have to search through that lengthy list to find the one I just changed a minute ago.
"Bob" - Church of the Sub-Genius
Graphisoft afficionado since 1993
6 REPLIES 6
Dwight
Newcomer
I vote that the default should be the last material opened and not the last material applied.

But the workworkworkaround is easy:

In mac, option-click an object surfaced with the material you want to work on. Opening the material dialog will take you to that material.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
I vote that the default should be the last material opened and not the last material applied.

But the workworkworkaround is easy:

In mac, option-click an object surfaced with the material you want to work on. Opening the material dialog will take you to that material.
Problem comes when you select something with different materials on different faces (eg slab). Murphy's law has it that its never the material you want from that object that is selected.... But yes, it should be last material opened, and an undo option would be good too, so you could go back to previous setting if you get it wrong.
Dwight
Newcomer
You have me there, I can see that I am no match for you.
There's where the last material assigned to THAT object gets picked. dang.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, no, no. You just didn't think it was worth mentioning, I know.
By the way, looking forward to the book, any other suggestions for saving money if we don't smoke (and the wife won't give up)?
Dwight
Newcomer
Take a job at the chip shop with the spare time you'll have after I do all the wacky experimenting for you.

Three weeks 'till it goes to the printer

Here's another sample - from the "think Like a Photographer" segment
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Been there, done that, not going back (except to buy chips).
Learn and get certified!