BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Model Views

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is more of a bug, When Walls are set to display as solid fills, walls not cut by section dissapear!! They should appear as outlines.
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think the way it now work is logical, although it gives this scenario. If you set the Floor Plan Display field to Projected with Overhead, then you will see it, even when it is placed at a height so that the Floor Plan Cut Plane does not intersect it.

What I would say is that in such a case Archicad should give some clue on the Floor Plan that an element is there: for example if you select All elements, some hotspots should appear at the two ends of the Wall or something.
With the current way, you would only see it in 3D or in Section/Elevation that an element is actually there.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I think the way it now work is logical, although it gives this scenario. If you set the Floor Plan Display field to Projected with Overhead, then you will see it, even when it is placed at a height so that the Floor Plan Cut Plane does not intersect it.

What I would say is that in such a case Archicad should give some clue on the Floor Plan that an element is there: for example if you select All elements, some hotspots should appear at the two ends of the Wall or something.
With the current way, you would only see it in 3D or in Section/Elevation that an element is actually there.
Agreed, it is logical how it works, just needs some kind of identification to show it is there.
Learn and get certified!