Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

More 3D Modelling Areas / different 3D-Areas in the same Space

snow
Mentor

Hello together,

I don't know if this issue was already mentioned somewhere... don't know for which expression else I could search for it  here..

I'd like to have in a Archicad file more independent areas, more "ground floor windows" where I can construct 3D elements freely to use it somewhere in the project... as hotlinks or something else...

Settings like story height and so on should not interfere with the the complete model (which should be like a part of the "world-map".

And moreover:

It should be possible to define Areas in the ground floor window(s) which then isolated from the rest. (like the frame in LPM)

With this opportunity I think  it was possible to save hotlinks of this parts via publisher. (Currently I have every time to select (only) this parts or use the marquee... when I want e.g to see different variants side by side...)

ARCHICAD for Future

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10
4 REPLIES 4
Jp1138
Expert

Are you asking for some kind of 3D worksheet? Then they would be positioned in the model as you would do with a hotlink? I think this could be useful and avoid the need to make fake underground levels to model 3D elements linked to the same project.

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

I think that the functionality you describe would be achieved by the ability to define group/block/aggregate of element/s that can have multiple instances in the model. It's something that AC really lacks (and most other applications have) and discussed here amongst other places.

yuryuymanov
Booster

3d worksheets! Great! With ability to link with Interactive Schedules! 

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you very much for sharing your ideas!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-4469). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT