Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

More options for GDL objects in Model View Options Dialog

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be great being able to control visual appearance of GDL Objects (any included doors and windows) from one place globally, e.g. 2D & 3D representation.

This will be useful for all companies who have their own attribute standards, different from ArchiCAD's default.

Of course there should be also an option to control a visual appearance of GDL objects individually in the settings Dialog box.
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
You can already - it's called Model View Options.
You have control over some object parameters such as door swings and pen colours.
You can program these features into any objects to control any of their parameters so long as you are willing to delve into GDL and the Library Globals command.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
You can already - it's called Model View Options.
Barry.
Hi Barry Kelly

I know, but the subject of this topic is "More options for GDL objects in Model View Options Dialog".

Currently we do not have options to control for example 2D Representation parameters globally such:

Symbol Pen
Frame Contour Pen
Casing Contour Pen
Leaf Contour Pen
Door Wall Contour Line
Use Fills option
Threshold and Sill Line Type
etc

We use different pen palette, line types, etc and have to change all ArchiCAD's defaults manually for any single element or group of elements.

Thanks for reply though
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Zohrab:

Barry's point is that you can create your own additional MVO options, rather than hoping Graphisoft will eventually address your company's needs. For example see this thread:
Capturing Model View Options

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
Zohrab wrote:
Barry wrote:
I know, but the subject of this topic is "More options for GDL objects in Model View Options Dialog".
Yes sorry I obviously didn't read the title properly.
There are so many parameters in objects that I don't think you will ever see all of what you want.
If you are using the default library then the last thing you will want to do is to customise it because that does lend itself for future upgrades unless you want to do it all over again.

If you have your own custom library or you are prepared to stick with the current default library then customising is an option but be warned it can get messy.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are so many parameters in objects that I don't think you will ever see all of what you want.

I mean general parameters only, e.g. symbol pen, d/w frame pen and line type etc.

In fact similar discussions were in the past, before we have got 'Options for GDL Objects' in MVO's dialog box. The reason was the same.

The alternative trick could be a development of 'Favorites' tool box.

Also will be good to have scale sensitive parameters.