Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Nested commands

TomWaltz
Participant
One of the neat thinks I miss from my Arris days was that "Rotate" was embedded inside all the other move and copy commands. You could use the [ and ] keys to rotate an element clockwise or counterclockwise, so that every element that you copied was at a different angle. The same keys worked with placing new elements.

It was great for detailing, placing studs at different rotations and furnishings on furniture plans, where chairs and couches spin all over the place.

I know Archicad has individual object rotation as a placement method, but thought it would be neat to have in Drag and Drag a Copy (and Drag Multiple) as well.
Tom Waltz
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Back in the dim dark days when I was using AutoCAD I had a Lisp routine that combined copy, mirror or move with rotate. It was very handy and got used a lot. I have wished for it under my breath several times lately, so thanks for bringing it out Tom.
At least now copies become the selection set, but doing it all in one go would be handy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah,
Good old days of Generic Cad & Visual Cad, ALL commands were nested!.
Love to have it on ArchiCad.
Thanks,
Joseph
Djordje
Ace
Pressing CTRL or CTRL ALT after Rotate is not the solution?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:

How About:
Measure a distance or angle as you Drag?
Drag and Rotate?
Drag and Mirror?
The list goes on.................
joseph
TomWaltz
Participant
Djordje wrote:
No, because all the copies would be off the same center point.
Tom Waltz
Djordje
Ace
Ouch!

Read it wrong, sorry!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen